This bread is so yummy and doesn’t last very long in our house! Enjoy!
CINNAMON SWIRL BREAD
• 1 cup Milk
• 1/4-1/2 cup Water
• 6 Tablespoons Butter
• 2-1/2 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
• 2 whole Eggs
• 1/4 cup Sugar
• 3 cups All-purpose Flour
• 1 cup Wheat Flour
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 1/3 cup Sugar
• 1 Tablespoons Cinnamon
• Egg And Milk, Mixed Together, For Brushing
• Softened Butter, For Smearing And Greasing
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Melt butter with milk in a microwave safe container. Heat until very warm, but don’t boil. Allow to cool until still warm to the touch, but not hot. Sprinkle yeast over the top, stir gently, and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
3. Combine flour and salt.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix sugar and eggs with the paddle attachment until combined. Pour in milk/butter/yeast mixture and stir to combine. Add half the flour and beat on medium speed until combined. Add the other half and beat until combined.
5. Switch to the dough hook attachment and beat/knead dough on medium speed for ten minutes. If dough is overly sticky, add 1/4 cup flour and beat again for 5 minutes.
6. Set dough aside and drizzle in a little canola oil into the mixing bowl, then toss the dough in the oil to coat. Cover bowl in plastic wrap. Turn oven off, crack door open, and set bowl in oven for at least 2 hours.
7. Turn dough out onto the work surface. Roll into a neat rectangle no wider than the loaf pan you’re going to use, and about 18 to 24 inches long. Smear with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Mix sugar and cinnamon together, then sprinkle evenly over the butter-smeared dough. Starting at the far end, roll dough toward you, keeping it tight and contained. Pinch seam to seal.
8. Smear loaf pan with softened butter. Place dough, seam down, in the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 2 hours.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
10. Mix a little egg with milk, and smear over the top. Bake for 40 minutes on a middle/lower rack in the oven.
11. Remove from the pan and allow bread to cool. Slice and serve.
Adapted from allrecipes.com.