I think I need to change my blog name to “Pinterest Copy Cat” or something like that…lol! It has become my “go-to” site when I need fresh ideas and now I can’t stop trying everything. I need to get this under control before I become a Pinterest geek! Pray for me ;)(For those of you who are now slightly worried about me, I’m just being silly. I’m not really facing a “real” dilemma of Pinterest addiction or fanaticism. You can now breathe.)
This idea is another Pinterest find (of course). I was asked to make chocolate covered strawberries for a girlfriend’s baby shower. I was bored with the same ol’, same ol’ and wanted to liven things up a bit. So off I went scouring the pages of Pinterest for a new twist on chocolate covered strawberries. Lo and behold, this is what I found and I think it’s awesome! I was so proud of myself and the final product 🙂
Here’s the pic:
Aren’t they beautiful? And yes, this is my picture and the actual strawberries I made 😉 Someone asked me when I showed them if I stole this picture from Pinterest…lol!
These were so easy to make. They were a little time consuming, but worth the effort. Here’s what you do:
- Wash and thoroughly dry strawberries.
- Microwave semi-sweet chocolate chips for 30 second intervals until fully melted. Make sure to stir after every 30 seconds to get a good shine.
- In another bowl, microwave white chocolate chips for 30 second intervals until fully melted. Stir, stir, stir in between.
- Put white chocolate into a Ziploc bag and cut a small piece off the corner. This will give you a make-shift piping bag. Make sure not to cut too much off. You don’t want to pipe out globs of white chocolate.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Dip the strawberries in the semi-sweet chocolate. Maybe do four at a time.
- Place strawberries on the wax paper.
- Pipe white chocolate horizontally on the strawberries. Doesn’t have to be perfect 😉
- Then take a toothpick and drag it through the chocolate vertically, alternating up and down.
- Repeat until all the strawberries are done!
- I recommend placing the strawberries in the fridge so the chocolate sets before serving.
These were tasty and a breath of fresh air in the creativity department. Try it and let me know how they turn out.