So here is the continuation of posts showing all the neat things I made for Youth Camp this year.
I love the idea of repurposing things. It’s so cool to think of new ways to use old stuff. This is one of my favorite ideas that I, of course, got from Pinterest. I made this to go in the busy bag I made (click here to see that post). I wish I would have taken pictures of the case in the making but I neglected to do so. 😦 Hopefully these steps will still make sense. 🙂
Here’s what I did:
1. I found an old DVD case that still looked like it was in good condition.
2. With a box cutter, I carefully cut out the plastic part on the right side of the case where the DVD is supposed to go (circled in red). This was kind of tricky because I still wanted to keep the outer plastic sleeve intact (indicated by the red arrow). I ended up putting a piece of cardboard in-between the sleeve and the case to protect it.
3. Then I lined a piece of thick cardboard with fabric. I used hot glue to attach the fabric to the cardboard.
4. After that, I attached another piece of fabric to the cardboard to make a pocket.
5. Then, I hot glued the whole piece to the inside of the DVD case, covering the hole I made.
6. I also glued another piece of cardboard on the outside, underneath the sleeve, to make it more sturdy.
7. Then, I cut printing paper to size and put a stack on the left side.
8. I put the colored pencils on the right side.
9. Lastly, I put fun paper in the outside sleeve.
10. And voila! A cool, transportable, self-contained coloring book!
So fun! And of course I had fun making it! I think I may have liked it more that the kiddo I gifted it too…lol! Of course, the little things in life tend to be the most exciting to me 😉