Every year I have the privilege of making gift baskets for the speakers that come to Wisconsin Youth Camp. Over the years, I’ve discovered that I absolutely love making gift baskets! This year I wanted to do something different and, with the help of Pinterest, I was able to come up with some pretty awesome ideas. This is the first of a series of posts showing all the cool things I did!
This year for camp, we were honored to have one of the speakers accompanied by his family; his wife and son. His son is 4 years old and I figured he might need something to keep him entertained for a whole week of camp.
This is what I came up with:
It’s called a “Busy Bag”. Basically a bag used to keep kiddos busy during really long trips or when they’re “bored”. I bought an adorable backpack and stuffed it full of goodies.
Here’s what I included:
- 7 activities in pencil bags
- A chalkboard
- A dry erase board
- A DVD coloring case (more on this later)
- GoGo Squeeze applesauce
- Wet Ones wipes
The 7 activities included:
- 2 Hotwheels and printable racetracks in different shapes (found here)
- Bugs and a magnifying glass
- Glow in the dark animal shapes and bracelets
- A mini Color Wonder
- A sticker matching game
- A Moon Dough set(like Playdough but less mess)
- Pipe cleaners and cardboard dowels to make animals, stick figures, etc
He loved it! Mom said he couldn’t wait to dive into it. Yay! It was so much fun to make and inexpensive. I definitely see more of these in my future 😉