Who needs the place with the “golden arches” when you can make it better and healthier? On Sunday morning church was cancelled due to the weather and we were trying to figure out what to have for breakfast. Here’s what we came up with and it was sooo much tastier than the place with the “golden arches”! Yum!
Yield: 2 muffins
- 2 eggs
- Skim milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheese, any kind (we prefer cheddar)
- 3 slices of bacon
- 2 English muffins
- Cook the bacon according to package directions. Cut each piece in half. Set aside.
- In a small microwavable round bowl (approximately the same size as the English muffin), mix 1 egg, a splash of milk, and salt and pepper. Mix until uniform in color.
- Microwave mixture for approximately 1 ½ minutes. (Make sure to watch them)
- While eggs are cooking, toast English muffin and slice cheese.
- Assemble muffin: bottom of muffin, eggs, 3 half slices of bacon, cheese, top of muffin. (For the eggs, I cut along the edges and turn the bowl upside down over the English muffin. Then I tap it a couple times, and the eggs come out in an almost perfect circle. If yours doesn’t come out perfect, that’s okay, it’s still edible 😉 )
- Repeat steps 2-5 for second muffin.
- Breakfast is served!
The calories for 1 muffin is approximately 200-250 versus 420 for a similar item from the place with the “golden arches” 😉
P.S. My husband wanted me to let you know that he skillfully made the bacon! Hehe…