I really like getting specialty coffee drinks but I don’t like spending the money for them. So, this week I decided to make my own! The results were awesome and the drink came out with better flavor and less calories than a similar drink at your regular coffee shop…I’m thinking of a place that starts with “S” and ends with “tarbucks”…lol! Anyway, I’m really happy that I’ll be saving money while still enjoying “yummy” coffee for less calories! You can’t beat that! This one is a keeper in my book!
- 1 tsp of good cocoa powder (Ghiradelli or Hershey’s Special Dark) (You can add 2 tsps for a chocolate-y treat…a little more calories of course)
- 3 tsp of sugar
- 4 oz of expresso
- 1 cup of skim milk
- ¼ tsp of pure vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chocolate sprinkles or shavings (optional)
- Add the cocoa powder and sugar to your coffee cup.
- Add the expresso and stir until well blended.
- In a separate container, warm up the milk using whatever method you like: milk frother, microwave, stovetop, etc (The milk frother would probably be best but I don’t have one so I use the microwave)
- Add the milk to your cup and stir.
- Lastly, add the pure vanilla, stir, and enjoy!
This recipe serves one and is approximately 145 calories with one teaspoon of cocoa powder and 150 calories with two, excluding the whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles/shavings. The calories will also vary depending on which brand of cocoa powder you use. Can you tell I’m a calorie counter…lol! At any rate…Happy drinking (coffee drinking that is)! Just had to clarify 😉