Yesterday it was freezing outside and I wanted to make something warm and comforting. I decided to make chili with sweet cornbread! I am still working on finding/creating a good recipe for chili but this recipe for cornbread is my absolute favorite! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs , lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine milk, eggs, oil and butter in small bowl and mix well. Add to flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Pour into baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- For corn muffins, spoon batter into muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans.