Yesterday, I was craving chocolate chip muffins! So I decided to whip up a batch with this new recipe! They turned out great! My husband took one bite and the first words out of his mouth were, “Mmmm!” LOL!
( Yield: 6 regular-size muffins)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ tsp of vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- ½ T of baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ – ¾ cup choc chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- With a rubber spatula fold the wet ingredients, along with the melted butter, into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined (do not over mix the batter or your muffins will be tough).
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 18 – 20 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan.
I think this recipe might make a great base recipe that can be used for any type of muffin. I’ll have to experiment with blueberries and see! I’ll try it soon and let you know! Hope you enjoy these yummy treats!