Mmmmm! Just made homemade tortillas! They are so yummy and easy to make. Best of all they are less calories than the ones you buy at the store! This recipe is around 121 calories per tortilla. Fabuloso!
(Yield: approx. 10 tortillas)
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup butter
- Hot water (about 1 cup)
DIRECTIONS (You can mix this with a Kitchenaid mixer):
- In a mixing bowl mix together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add in butter and mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add in hot water a little bit at a time.
- When dough comes together, take out of bowl and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Separate into 10 balls and cover with a cloth dampened with warm water for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat. You can lightly spray with oil if desired.
- Roll out ball into a thin circle and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Put on a plate covered with a towel.
- Repeat steps 7-8 for rest of dough. Serve warm.