We ended up having our Christmas party for our youth team in January. I needed to cook for about 20 people but didn’t have a lot of time with school fast approaching. I called a friend to make sure I was on the right track for the recipe and… Voila or Ole rather! Fajitas for a crowd! I thought this would be a little more special than pizza or burgers!
- 10 chicken breasts
- 1 of each – green, yellow, red, and orange pepper
- ½ red onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 packets of Your Favorite Fajita Seasoning
- Toppings: Lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa
- Slice peppers and onions into strips; set aside.
- Mince garlic; set aside.
- Cut the chicken up with a pair of kitchen scissors.
- Put half of chicken into a frying pan with a little canola oil.
- Brown chicken.
- When cooked all the way through, add 1 packet of fajita seasoning.
- Remove chicken mixture to crock pot. Set crock pot to low.
- Repeat steps 2-5 with other half of chicken.
- While second batch of chicken is cooking, put the peppers and onions in a pan with a little oil and cook until slightly tender.
- Add to crockpot with minced garlic.
- Thoroughly mix.
- Season with third fajita seasoning mix to taste. May skip this step depending on which brand of fajita seasoning you use.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and heat up in the oven before serving.
These were so easy to make and oh sooo yummy! Enjoy!